Libraries – Powerful Knowledge Management Resource
The many libraries in Benchmark allow organisations to set up data so that individual estimators can use information from the libraries to increase the speed of estimating and ensure a consistent and high quality product.
- Central and secure estimating data and information storage
Store data in logical groups to provide quick future reference and use.
- Prevent repetitive data entry
- Accessible and easy-to-search format
- Share key information effectively and in a controlled manner
- Knowledge management tool
Capture estimating and construction methods, and Item information. The more information you build into Items in the Item Library, the more powerful it becomes; when estimators leave, their knowledge stays and it’s easy to hand over to new estimators that come on board.
- Deliver consistency, accuracy and speed of estimating, and make your team more productive
Section, Item and Resource Libraries are the most-used!
Section Library – stores the main work breakdown headings for your standard estimates including Overhead Sections
- Especially useful when you are not provided with a Bill of Quantities.
- Valuable tool to ensure significant work is not overlooked. You can import all of the Sections and then simply remove any that you don’t need for that particular Project.
Item Library – the core of your corporate knowledge
- Stores the list of standard services in a simple to use format.
- Provides consistency across the organisation.
- Saves time and improves accuracy.
- Builds up rates very quickly.
Sub Items option:
- Additional level of detail in your Resource makeup.
- Quantities are automatically calculated, giving you greater reporting power on final Resource detail.
- Consistent within a Project. If you make changes to one Sub Item, all instances of that Sub Item will be updated accordingly
Resource Library – your competitive advantage
- Central list of Plant, Labour, Material and Subcontract costs – the ‘building blocks’ of your estimates.
- Storing Resource rates in the one location for efficiency and consistency.
- Order by Plant, Labour, Materials and Subcontract to review and update when new rates are received.
- Use Resources linked to the Library and update old projects to current rates.
- Add project-specific Resources for special circumstances.
- Multiple Resource rates for different regions.
- Consistency and reliability with one source of information.
- Associate a wide variety of data with Resources to integrate with other software packages.
- The Benchmark Estimating Software Libraries represent not only a place to store a list of Items and their prices, but the entire work breakdown structure.
- Complete access control and security of your critical business data protects your corporate knowledge.
- Not a static repository of information but an active tool to improve estimating efficiency and provide you with a competitive advantage.
- The content stored in your Libraries represents your company’s competitive advantage and is the intellectual property upon which your business is built.