If you are new to Benchmark Estimating Software, this course gives you the knowledge and skills so that you can prepare accurate estimates with confidence. You can participate in this course online or we can visit your Company and run this course in your office for a group of people.
Objectives of the New User Course
At the end of this course attendees will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of resource-based (first principles) estimating
- Understand the basics of the Benchmark Estimating Software system
- Create an estimate within Benchmark Estimating Software using Items from a Library and also by creating new Items from first principles
- Import a bill of quantities into a Benchmark Estimating Software estimate
- Allow for profit, contingencies and overheads in an estimate
- Generate reports and quotations for an estimate
- Enter a Progress Claim
- Understand the purpose of features like Auto Allocate, Spread and Routines
New User Course Content
The topics covered in the New User Course consist of:
- An overview of Benchmark Estimating Software
- An overview of the benefits of resource-based estimating compared to unit-rate estimating
- Adding a new Project and estimating it using Items from your Item Library
- Managing your Client Library
- Creating new Items and Resources in a Project
- Duplicating new Items that you create in a Project to your Item Library, for use in future estimates
- Running a Routine
- Importing a bill of quantities from a spreadsheet
- Pricing a client’s schedule using the Auto Allocate feature
- Adding Profit and Indirect Costs (i.e. contingencies and overheads)
- Producing Reports and Quotations for an estimate
- Manipulating the distribution of Profit and Indirect Costs on an Item by Item basis using the Spread feature
- Entering Progress Claim data and generating a Progress Claim report
- Adding Standard and Project Specific Conditions to a quote
- Overview of the Administration window
- Exam covering the above topics. Participants who pass are awarded a certificate of accreditation
Assumed knowledge for the New User Course
No experience with Benchmark Estimating Software is required. Basic computer literacy is, however, essential.
Duration and Times
We offer the New User Course both as a face-to-face training course and as an online training course.
Face-to-face Training Course
2 days duration. 0830 to 1630 each day.
Online Training Course
4 x 3 hour sessions over 4 days, over a 2 week period. 1200 to 1500 Australian EDST each day. If you are outside of Australia and these times are not convenient, we will work with you to determine a suitable time that works for your employees.
What you need to bring
An example of a typical estimate you prepare.
The price of the Online New User Course is AU$1,045.00 / UK£421.00 per attendee (excluding taxes) per attendee. To enquire about face-to-face training courses please fill in the contact us form and a member of our Training team will contact us.
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice. We welcome payment by Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), direct credit and cheque.