If you are a new Benchmark user or an existing user wanting a refresh, the New User Course will give you the fundamental knowledge and skills to prepare accurate estimates with confidence. Our sessions run as either a live, web-based session or an in-house session that is personalised to your requirements. Below you will read about the the objectives, content, format and pricing of the New User Course across all regions. Above all, Benchmark is committed to teaching all attendees the best practices of our software that enable you to become an estimating expert. We cater our training sessions around every single one of clients, no matter your location. We run our web-based New User Course sessions in the following regions:
- Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific
- Europe, Middle East and Africa
- North America
Objectives of the New User Course
At the conclusion of this course attendees will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of resource-based (first principles) estimating
- Understand the fundamentals of Benchmark Estimating Software
- Create an estimate within Benchmark Estimating Software using Items from a Library and also by creating new Items from first principles
- Import a bill of quantities into a Benchmark Estimating Software estimate
- Allow for profit, contingencies and overheads in an estimate
- Generate reports and quotations for an estimate
- Enter a Progress Claim
- Understand the purpose of features like Auto Allocate, Spread and Routines
What you need to bring
An example of a typical estimate or quote that you prepare. Our web-based attendees will also need a stable internet connection as we conduct our sessions using video conferencing tool Zoom.
Duration and Times
Our web-based sessions run over 4 days, with 3 hour sessions per day. The days are split over 2 weeks to ensure that the training can fit into your work schedule. The times that the courses run are:
- Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific – 12pm to 3pm Australian Eastern Standard Time
- Europe, Middle East and Africa – 9am to 12pm Greenwich (UK) time
- North America – 2pm to 5pm Central Standard time.
If the times above are unsuitable to your organisation please contact us about a customised session. Or read about our in-house training service below.
The price of the web-based New User Course, per attendee is:
- AUD $1,100 + GST
- NZD $1,250
- GBP £580 + VAT
- USD $900
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice. We welcome payment by Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard), EFT and cheque.
What if I want in-house training?
Our in-house courses are best suited to organisations with a group of employees ready to learn the fundamentals of Benchmark in the comfort of your own work environment. We would organise to deliver the onsite training at a suitable date and location and perform this personlised service. The duration of the training session runs over 2 days, 9am to 4pm each day. If you would like the New User Course performed in your office, please fill in our enquiry form and we will contact you to discuss.
Don’t forget you can Apply Online for our web-based sessions.