Many of the problems that construction companies experience can be traced back to shortfalls that have happened in the cost estimating process. The fact is, many estimators who produce quotes have not been educated in the cost estimating processes – this course will bridge that gap by explaining the underlying principles. It does not involve training in Benchmark Estimating Software; in fact attendees could use any estimating software, or Excel. Whatever method, the underlying principles remain the same.
- Course Aims
The course aims to provide delegates with the following capability:
- A thorough understanding of the cost estimating process
- A good foundation knowledge of estimating methods and the ability to produce cost estimates for civil engineering projects covering:
- Direct costs of construction
- Indirect costs
- An understanding of the need to evaluate the risks, opportunities and uncertainties associated with a construction project and how these are allowed for in the estimate
- The need to allow for inflation within estimates
- Course Structure
The course is run over 2 days and the recommended number of attendees is 5 to 8 per course.