If you are an experienced Benchmark Estimating Software user, this course gives you the knowledge and skills to take your estimating to the next level. The Advanced User Course can cover a very wide range of features, however, can also tailor your learning to suit you by concentrating on the features that mean the most to your business.
You can participate in this course online or we can visit your Company and run this course in your office for a group of people.
Objectives of the Advanced User Course
At the end of this course attendees will be able to:
- Understand the features available through the Admin Window
- Use Benchmark Subcontractor Manager
- Use the Productivity Feature at the Resource, Item & Section Levels.
- Explore Sub Totals and Group Totals at the Resource level of a project
- Understand the benefits of Benchmark Sub Items
- Import a Schedule of Quantities into Benchmark and use it to create an estimate
- Reprice Resource Rates for a project
- Create quotes with Benchmark Estimating Software’s Quote with Options feature
- Export to Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project
- Understand and use features like Follow Up, Quantity Takeoff Sheets, Spread and the Project Analysis Window.
Advanced User Course Content
The topics covered in the Advanced User Course consist of:
- An overview of the Admin window.
- Using the Benchmark Subcontractor Manager to supply, import and manage contractor quotes electronically.
- An overview of Production Rates.
- Setting up user-defined Variables.
- Discovering the value of Sub Totals and Group Totals.
- Creating Sub Items.
- Importing a Schedule of Quantities.
- Repricing Resource Rates for a project
- Creating and using Quantity Takeoff sheets.
- Adjusting Profit and Overheads using the Spread Window.
- Creating, exporting and following up Quotes.
- Overview of the Project Analysis Window.
- Exporting to Microsoft Project
Assumed Knowledge for the Advanced User Course
Completion of the New User Course, including certificate of accreditation in the use of Benchmark Estimating Software is required.
Duration and Times
We offer the Advanced User Course both as face-to-face training course and as an online training course.
Face-to-face Training Course
2 days duration. 0830 to 1630 each day.
Online Training Course
4 x 3 hour sessions over 4 days, over a 2 week period. 1200 to 1500 Australian EDST each day. If you are outside of Australia and these times are not convenient, we will work with you to determine a suitable time that works for your employees.
What you need to bring
All necessary training material will be provided by your trainer on the day
The price of the Online Advanced User Course is AUD $995 (GST excluded) per attendee. Please contact us to enquire about the price for an in-house Advanced User Course.
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice. We welcome payment by Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), direct credit and cheque.