Benchmark Estimating presented the “Need to Know Guide to Estimating and Quoting” at the British Association of Landscape Industries (BALI) meeting in Preston, England on the 28th October.
Presented by Rob MacDonald (Director of Benchmark Estimating) and Martin Coles (Cost Engineering Manager at Benchmark Estimating Ltd in England), this presentation discussed how Landscape Contractors can estimate better, win more projects at the right price and grow their business.
Topics covered in the presentation included:
- Establishing a Work Breakdown Structure
- Capturing, building and using your cost knowledge base
- Tailoring estimates to specific site circumstances and market conditions
- Specifying the conditions associated with your quotation to clients
- Presenting your quotations
- Integrating estimating and the site team – setting and delivering to budget
- Integrating estimating with other business operations such as billing and marketing
BALI reported the evening as a great success… “The seminar was excellent value for money, extremely educational and informative and exceeded many of our attendee’s expectations. There were many opportunities within the presentation for guest interaction and all guests engaged in sharing ideas and discussions.”
View the full follow up report from the British Association of Landscape Industries.